Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580L 2wd

tom97 ยท 2015-04-29 23:33

My case 580L 2wd has a worn out front axle. Kink pins wore into axle, my spindles are good my question is where or will I be able to buy a good used axle? I have seen new aftermarket for sale but I am afraid of aftermarket fit. Thank You

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2015-04-30 05:43

    These axle housings can be repaired. I have welded many of them using nickel rods. Usually one half of the hole is still in reasonable order & the worn section can be filled by welding & careful grinding using carbide burrs & a fine grinding stone on a die grinder, similar in size to the bearing cup. Ideally this should be done in a machine shop & properly bored - for a perfect repair. But time is money & such a repair is very expensive. Most of my clients opt for the 'on site' get me going in a few hours option...... most of these repairs have have lasted for quite a few years, with full time contractors.

  2. #2bob_002015-05-03 12:23

    thanks for your reply alrman i have the same problem on my 580k looking for idea to fix it and you came up with a good plan