I’m new to this 410D. I have significant drift on my crowd cylinder with no leaks at the cylinder along with steering issues. It was suggested I should check the crowd/boom pressure relief valve. Is this a shared thought? Where do I physically find this valve on the machine. Looking for guidance.
The cylinder piston seals are most likely the problem.
Cylinders can leak fluid by the piston seals internally. That you can't see.
What steering issues are you having ? Also ,What’s the machine serial number ?
The circuit relief valves are next to the hoses on the machine, easy to see, probably tough to get to. And not the most likely issue, and requires a hydraulic pump and gauges to test. A quick and dirty test is heat, start it up some cool morning, covered in dew is even better. If one of the backhoe valves is leaking, it will heat up just idling due to the closed center system, but shouldn't heat up much if not leaking. If you get no heating at idle, stall that cylinder and see if the cylinder heats up where the piston is. The boom down stalled will heat the relief valve, because the circuit relief is LOWER than system pressure, boom up and stick crowd are both higher than system pressure and should not heat stalled, nor heat the cylinder stalled.
Stiff turning and overturn from the steering wheel in both directions. Serno 266635T
Can this affect the steering? I read the lines can affect both?
I know very little about John Deere's. But I have read on here that the steering is interrelated to the hydraulic system operation. I would resolve the hydraulic cylinder problem before doing anything else. The tractor serial number always helps to narrow down a solution.
There would have to be a lot of bypassing in the backhoe valve to affect the steering, but it's possible. Does the steering work better at full throttle than at idle? If the backhoe valve is leaking that much, it will get hot nearly immediately at idle and with no hydraulic valves operated. Most likely something else is going on with the steering.