Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD450G transmission issues

JLsanzaro ยท 2014-06-05 19:59

Hey guys. Started having some issues today with a trans in a 450g. Went to take the fill cap off and it shot out at me under pressure. Went to the vent and it was clogged so I cleaned it then had oil pouring out of it. So obviously I wanted to change the filter but no one had one in stock. Will be changing it tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone else ever came across this issue Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies2
  1. #1Outasite2014-06-05 20:15

    By it not venting the oil most likely started foaming,leave it set overnight and check fluid tomorrow.Then fill it to full,and try it. Work it a day and if all is well,then change the fluid.

  2. #2JLsanzaro2014-06-09 20:44

    So like you said I let it sit overnight changed the filter and also changed a check valve near the filter housing. ran it for and hour and then changed the oil. All seems well Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk