I have a 490 that needs a ball joint that connects to the valve bank for the house swing. Is there a diagram I can see that shows that part and what is the best way to purchase it?
You can go to JDparts.com and lookup their parts catalog to look at the diagram. You can call your local dealer and get signed up and get SOME prices online, but just get the number and call the dealer is easier. The less common parts you have to call the dealer anyway. If you're looking for used put the part number into machinerytrader, I don't know what the ball joint is, may be a common part? not deere specific.
I'll do that. Thank you
Just signed up with jd parts and I can't seem to view any parts diagram. When it ask for model number, I type it in and it says no model found. I try to contact them but not successful. Any ideas?
go to http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt type in "490" then "2166 - 490D Excavator and 493D Feller Buncher - 14May10" then "Sectional Index" go down till you see what you need. Good luck!
I did that thanks. But I still can not see any diagrams of the systems