My 510c keeps increasing hydraulic fluid. Every 100hrs or so I have to drain it down to correct level. At the same time I loose the approximate same amount from the general hydraulic system. My JD dealer says that can't happen ! Any ideas please?
Welcome to HEF Old Geezer ! You say hydraulic system twice. Do you mean the reverser? The oil cooler on those has passages for both the reverser and the hydraulics, in one package. If your oil cooler is aluminum, then there is an internal baffle that can fail allowing the transfer of fluids between the two. Newer oil coolers are made of steel and have no internal path that can connect the two. The newer cooler is only available for machines without AC (make sure you are seated to price that one). If you have AC, then your only option is the same cooler, and it looks like they are no longer available.
MG, thank you. Sounds reasonable. Sorry about the mix up, you are right and understood what I was talking about. The reverser fluid is increasind and the hydraulics system is decreasing. I don't have AC so I will price out a new cooler. And yes, I am getting kind of desensitzed to the prices!
In that case, I would probably be plumbing 2 separate oils coolers, would be much cheaper.
HH; Good thought ! Thank You