Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580L POWERSTEERING PROBLEM. common shaft (push/pull)

socommfg ยท 2024-02-24 08:32

I an Ernie Wrenn Ceo Compucar Nitrous Oxide Systems... Been working on heavy Yellow all my life. Dealer in Military LMTV and Hummvs . Built Movie vehicles, TV shows, Jet powered vehicles. Currently working on a Case 580 L power steering. Any easy ways to get the cylinder off of the tractor? Very little info on line. Any help will be appreciated. Yes you can put nitrous on a diesel... I need to rebuild both sides.

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-02-24 10:24

    It is covered in the service manual you can now download. Delete your email address in your other thread

  2. #2socommfg2024-02-25 13:46

    I got it apart. It is not a 1 person job. 2 long pipe wrenchs and a 3/4 socket and ratchet. I will take a video and post it on the reinstall. Shaft seals are shot.