I recently bought a used 624G wheel loader with a bad transmission. The transmission had been removed from the machine and disassembled. It had sat for a few years out in the elements so rebuilding/putting that back together was almost out of the question. I found a used transmission with small warranty through a diesel/equipment repair shop that I've used before that was supposed to be the right one. I gave them the loader serial # and this transmission is supposed to be the correct one, however, what was in the machine and the used one I got are different. The lower mounting holes on the transmission are narrower on the one that was in the machine than the one I have. The lower casing is also different. There's a few other differences too but those were the big ones I noticed right away. I've talked to the shop I bought the used transmission through (they were essentially the finder for me) and they have been telling me they are looking into it but so far no results.... I know they are busy but I'd like a solution so I can get this thing put together and use it. Unfortunately the other "catch" is the serial tag plate on the old transmission isn't anywhere to be found...... The loader serial # is DW624GB543054 The used transmission I bought has a serial # of 4WG-150 15861. This is a ZF transmission. The few times I've talked to the shop I bought it through they thought maybe there was a serial # break and there was a change in transmissions where this one still might work but would require different mounting brackets and a different length driveshaft.... they are supposed to be investigating all of that for me but like I said I haven't heard anything yet and it's been a couple of weeks so I thought maybe there's someone on here that would know or be able to lead me to a solution. Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
No replies yet.