Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jd710c rolls

dwagidig ยท 2013-04-10 03:26

I have a jd710c, the loader bucket rolls to dump at random. The backhoe valve pack spool also, has a leak. It leaks the most when I use the hammer. I am stumped? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Delmer2013-04-10 08:58

    Do you have a "return to dig" function? some funny junk attached to the right side of the loader boom, not the level indicator. I don't know how that would cause the bucket to dump, but that's the first place I'd look. Take a picture of the junk, then disconnect the wires from the solenoid on the valve bank, and see what it does. That's assuming the roll is under pressure, if the bucket is just dropping with weight in it then it could be the piston seals leaking? Valve bank leaks can usually be fixed easily, if it's at the bottom there's a little cover that's held on with two screws. Take that off carefully, there might be a spring ready to pop out, and replace the o-ring. Can't recall what is involved at the top.

  2. #2biggrader2013-04-10 20:31

    I have seen where the o-rings that seal the spool will leak. You can lower equipment,release all pressure in the circuit and then remove the return to center cap and spring at the back of the spool. CAREFULLY remove the spool and then fish out the o-ring seals with a pick. If I remember right, they are in only 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the outside edge of the valve body. Install new 0-rings and reinstall spool. Hope this helps and is clearer than mud.

  3. #3dwagidig2013-04-17 15:10

    I have not checked the tractor yet. But this weekend, I will. Thank you for the quick response.

  4. #4dwagidig2013-04-19 04:18

    I disconnected the the wire, it did not help. When it dumps, it would lift the the front tires off the ground.

  5. #5Delmer2013-04-19 18:11

    Remove the panel above the loader valve so you can see the spools operate when it dumps. Maybe there's something catching the linkage? or the "leveling" linkage is sticking? Sorry, I'm guessing here, but maybe somebody will come along with a better guess. I have a 610 book, but can't find anything helpful in there. By the way, where is Puna?

  6. #6dwagidig2013-04-21 04:40

    I'll check it out. I have manual but, I need a technical manual. And Puna is in Hawaii