Looking at a new one on clearance right now and would like to hear from anyone that has used one. Good, bad, ugly? Looking at the specs they are built like tanks, the 84” is 2200lbs.
I have a 72 inch Jenkins, not the super duty. It weighs some 1770 pounds. I had to add the front caster wheels on it to keep it from pealing up the sod or dirt when turning corners. Very good machine. I like the roller on the rear of the machine. Mine is a full floating mower.
I looked it up, I had never heard of them before. It looks the part. The tow strap is interesting. It looks a little redneck, but I get the idea of it. It is a low flow mower. I would like to hear how it works in tough material as well. The thought I would have is that the faster you can spin the 500 mass wheel, the more effective it would be. Spinning on low flow would reduce the rpm you could achieve, but I didn't see that they had a high flow version, so they must feel like it works just fine on low flow. How much is it?
I have an 2019, $4900.00 with the caster wheels, no push bar. Works very well mowing waterways with terraces. I lift the boom about three inches off the ground. That lets it flex more. I go slow to grind up the brome grass better when I mow in December.
They are $8500CAD here, take about a third off for USD. I was thinking of running the mower on my high flow because I have the high pressure version that has the adjustable flow lever. I should be able to dial in the mower with a pressure gauge on the motor.
The straps look like a good idea letting the deck float like a finish mower if you set it down on the ground. Also they say it stops the rocking of the skid steer with the weight far out front.