Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jerky motion on my gehl 4835 sxt Please help

Vancouver ยท 2011-12-01 19:16

Can anyone help me, as I have just got this jerky motion in the past week, and it is a pain.

Replies2
  1. #1buckfever2011-12-01 20:20

    Is it just when it's started and cold or all the time?

  2. #2Vancouver2011-12-02 12:09

    Buck Fever: It seems to come up after running for a while...I am now enetring very cold weather in MN . I can be coming to a stop and almost in no forward movement and the skid steer is jumping'jerking from the wheels...I did take it in three weeks ago to a dealer and asked them to adjust any creep that might be there......could they have messed with the linkage?? I can't tell as I have not lifted the skid steer off the wheels.....I can say that in the cold yesterday it works fine if I have the steering control just right....but if it is not just perfect than it tends to buck.....could one side's gear chain be loose or not tensioned properly??? Just thought I would see if anyone has expeirenced and fixed this on their Gehl...saves me time checking the wrong places.....I am interested as to what you might think, Ian.