Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Glass Front Door for Case 95XT?

Kobe130 ยท 2011-12-01 23:51

My Case 95XT Skid is going in the shop soon to mate with a Buhler 7424 Series 3 blower. Dealt with that issue in my other thread. Bought the skid used - the blower is new. The door on the early design XT is kinda messed up and I'd like to replace it with one of the new all glass ones typical these days for better visibility and so it closes properly. My question is has anybody else done this or had bad/good experience with all glass doors on their skids? Looking at the door on the Case 465 skid as a possibility to fit the 95XT. Unfortunately, they don't provide dimensions. Much appreciate any info on this.

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2011-12-02 11:55

    Well other than expensive, it should not be a problem. I just bought new glass for my 465 and it was $300 for the glass and seal. You will need everything, windshield wiper motor, handle mechanism and so on. You can buy this complete from dealer. I bet you will be around $2500-$3000 as crazy as that sounds. Don't take my word for it however, but I bet thats a pretty close guess. Its a decent door though, having the windshild wiper fluid mounted on the door was not a great idea but it does not effect visibility much. I would get whatever door you can find the cheapest. PM me and I have a guy that might be able to get those parts cheaper than dealer prices if your serious.

  2. #2Kobe1302011-12-02 12:25

    Yeah, I just got prices from Case. I knew it would be pricey but this is ridiculous. The door kit is $3100 CDN, the replacement glass assembly is $1875. I thought Caterpillar was bad for pricing. You were right. I'm going to see if an aftermarket glass door is available.

  3. #3Kobe1302011-12-02 12:35

    KSSS, you got a replacement 465 glass for $300 USD? From Case or aftermarket? They told me $1300 for part # 87627708.

  4. #4KSSS2011-12-02 16:40

    I did. It was actually $250 for the glass and $75 for the seal. I am not sure of the part number. It was CASE factory glass. There are numerous cutouts on the door, very unlikely you will find that aftermarket. There are several variants of that door so it largely depends on what style you are pricing. That number you were quoted looks right if you were getting the demo door, but certainly not for safety glass. You may want to recheck that, they might have made a mistake. The number for the CASE store here is 208-523-5455 ask for parts. They can drop ship the door to you in MB.

  5. #5Kobe1302011-12-02 20:54

    Well, the Case dealer told me surprise surprise they do actually offer an all glass door for the 95XT which I did not know. Pays to carefully look around the parts book. They actually have the glass and seal in stock. Think I'll go with that. As Case still offers the glass door for the 465 I'll presume that it causes no operating problems.