At the last Ritchie Bros. Auction in Riverside it looked like Jimco sold everything they own. Anyone know why? Their gear was well maintained and top notch, like the decision to sell happened quickly. Their heavy haul truck only had 300 miles on it!
When you bite the hand that feeds you, you're gonna starve.
I heard something along those lines as well. I doubt that he will starve though, with a sale rumored to net $10MM or so.
Ya, I'm sure the sale brought some good money, but he may have owed a lot too. I wonder who is taking their place as the derail contractor?
That would be Hulcher Services, the largest derailment specialists in North America. They moved into Calif. with one small location, 8 or 9 years ago. Wherever they set up shop, they pretty well take over that business within a few years. They currently serve the west coast with 2 locations in Calif. and 2 more in Wash. state.