I have a 2017 JLG 1055A telehandler, suddenly developed a steering issue. Only 2 wheel steering works in forward, crab and 4 wheel work in reverse only, and intermittently. replace selectable steering switch and park switch. Anyone ever have similar problem?
Thats odd. No expert on that machine but I'll try to help. Need model and serial number. So you're saying when you drive forward ONLY the front steer works? Regardless of where the switch is at? And crab and 4 wheel in reverse only? Let me ask this- if you aren't moving will it steer at all? If it's in front steer will it steer at all? If not, does it look like it's trying to steer at all? (Wheels wiggling a bit?) If it steers does it steer easily? I know it's a lot of questions but daignosing is 90% of the battle.
It always works in front wheel steer. Whether stopped or going. To use the other two modes seems to only work in reverse. And it only works sometimes. You can see the light on the toggle switch flickering like it has a short. I replaced steering selector switch. And now, machine wont start with key. Have to bypass ignition key and use a bump starter. Looks like 3 different circuits feed thru park switch, and switch may be bad so waiting on new park switch.
JLG G10-55A turb. Serial 0160069497