Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 1930ES Only Steers Left

Ohio Lensman ยท 2015-12-11 00:04

The steering on our 2004 JLG 1930es (SN 0200119***) is stuck to the left and will only turn left, no matter which steer direction is selected. The joystick control works on other units. The hydraulic valve coils are energizing, the platform and ground software has been updated and the analyzer is reading everything okay. When the right steer switch in depressed the wheels stop fully left and there seems to be pressure applied to the lift cylinder, but it does not lift, as it shouldn't. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas how I can get this problem corrected?

Replies5
  1. #1Moonlite2015-12-12 22:59

    Did you pull the coils off and check them? I also had one that the stem that coils mount on was bent slitely

  2. #2willie592015-12-12 23:26

    With these type of problems, if you've used the control box on other machines and it works proper, I first swap the electrical connections to the solenoid valves for left/right steering at the valve manifold, see if I get a different result, see if the left steer button now makes it go right and right button goes left. If the wheels still only go left, swap the hose connections for the steering at the control valve, see if you still only steer left.

  3. #3Ohio Lensman2015-12-15 00:04

    Thanks to Willie and Moonlight for your responses. Moonlight hit the nail on the head, the steer control valve spool was slightly bent. How it got bent, I have no idea. After removing the coils from the control valve spool, I checked it with a straight edge and used a short piece of pipe to gently bend it back to straighten it out. The steering returned to normal. Thank you both for your help!

  4. #4Ohio Lensman2015-12-15 00:07

    Thanks Moonlite! Straightening the bent valve spool did the trick.

  5. #5jlandaverde362024-07-16 15:33

    I'm having this same issue, I swapped the connections down at the solenoids and it turns right . I just bought a new joy stick because it's almost as if when I would turn right nothing happens. Even with the wires swapped at the solenoids right could not make left turn. But it will let left go right