Hi everyone I have a 2008 Lull 1044c54 that is causing some issues. After running it for about 10-20 minutes the engine will sometimes just shut off. If you wait a minute or cycle the key a few times it will restart and run fine for another 10 minutes or so. The check engine light is on on the dash but i dont have a reader to see what the issue is. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a faulty temperature sensor (it reads fine in the dash) or shut off solenoid? The engine is a Deere 4045T Thanks
barklee what is your email address? I can sent you manual .You can count the blink codes through dash.
Do you only see the check engine light when the engine is at idle, then rev it up and check engine light goes away? Or is check engine light on all the time?
I think all the time. I know it stays flashing when you are driving.
Well, i actually had the John Deere manual in the manual holder on the machine! Problem is that the book says in order to make the code blink you have to hold down the engine cut off override switch..... I have no idea where to locate this, any suggestions? Also, on another note. I had a manlift that bent a rod last winter. We pulled the engine apart and replaced the rod, head gasket, etc. i personally never really ran the machine much since it was fixed but after having used it for the last week i noticed that the engine smokes white smoke pretty badly when its been sitting for a few hours. Also runs a little rough till its warmed up. Not an engine expert so i was curious what could cause this? We had the head decked and inspected and also replaced the piston and rings on that cylinder. This is a cummins 3.3L.
A bad injector will do that. Can you tell if one cylinder is misfiring by loosening the fuel injector lines one at a time?
Tried that and its a very slight change on the cylinder that we had the bent rod.
Shutdown Override Switch (John Deere Engine): Depress and release to delay engine shutdown for 30 seconds. The switch resets the shutdown timer to 30 seconds and may be used repeatedly. Switch also used to retrieve engine fault codes. See Service Manual for details.
Any idea where this switch is located? I looked everywhere and didn't see it.
switch #16 Flashes will flash on #6 engine light.
Okay. Thanks! I will check this out.
hey guys recently purchased lull 844 tt-34 looking for manuals operators service parts or all 3 dealers do not have anything for that model if any of you know where i could buy them it would appreciated thanks
Free on JLG's website https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Browse.aspx
thanks a lot i will check that out have a good day