Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 2032ES Scissor lift throwing 771 drive code OPEN CIRCUIT DRIVE MOTOR

actionpaintball ยท 2020-04-06 11:44

2032ES, will not drive. I have the diagnostic connector and displays 771 error code which translates to OPEN CIRCUIT DRIVE MOTOR wiring. Is this typically from a fault inside one of the motors? Controller? It beeps, then immediately stops in FWD and Reverse.

Replies5
  1. #1skata2020-04-07 23:55

    open circuit sounds to me like a break in the wiring. could be a blown fuse too. check the wiring and connectors to the wheels.

  2. #2Txhayseed2020-06-17 16:24

    Did you ever get it figured out ?

  3. #3actionpaintball2020-06-17 20:47

    no=pushed the project to the side for now. I will sit down and test the windings with a mega ohm meter. Its still operational, just cat drive it right now.

  4. #4Txhayseed2020-06-19 16:45

    I have only replaced a handful of jlg drive motor in probably 15 years. 771 is usually the wire harness from the controller to the motors . the like to get internal shorts right above there the clamp into the drive motor housing. I would suspect the harness first. Unhook the harnesses and get your meter out and ohm each wire out while twisting the harnesses. I would check the harnesses out really good. Not saying it cant be a motor but id lean towards the harness.

  5. #5actionpaintball2022-05-02 23:12

    It was a bad wire, not at the curved loom, but a butt connector on the orange wire on the motor. Sat down and ohmed all wires related to the drive. Thanks.