1999 JLG 2033e lift started a weird issue. I bought it about three years ago and it developed a slight issue where it would stop driving forward or reverse. Everything else on the machine worked. I found if I kicked the pothole protector bar up and down a few times it would start driving and working as it should. Never really looked into it because it happened now and then and wasn’t a big deal. I let the machine sit for close to two years and came back and could not get it to drive at all. I first check the pothole protector switches then the batteries, replaced cables for the batteries, and just went down a rabbit hole of checking wires. I finally broke down and bought the JLG analyzer tool and this is what I found. The only code was a joystick-pothole wire off code and noticed the pothole circuit said open when the machine was all the way down. If I put the lift up in the air to where the pothole protectors come down, I could drive, and the analyzer would say the circuit is closed when the pothole protectors were down, and it would say the circuit is open when the platform was all the way down in the rest position and the pothole protectors were up. This is telling me it was backwards, so I removed the pothole protectors from where they mounted and just zip tied them up. Now my issue is it runs and drives and lifts but nothing else works as far as rabbit mode or posi. It’s not the biggest deal because I just use it around my personal shop but now I see through the analyzer. There’s about five or six codes and it’s all basically stuff that is now disabled. I’m just very confused because I changed nothing on this machine and then after sitting this weird reversal of polarity on the pothole switches just happened and it almost puts my machine into limp mode the way I have it now or it just flat out won’t drive if I put it back correctly. Does anybody have any idea how this would have happened?
No replies yet.