Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 35e won’t drive forward or reverse

Jackup60 ยท 2016-09-21 13:16

Hi guys, New member here looking for help. I have a JLG 35E lift that won't move at all. I have replaced all the contactors, new hyd. motor, joystick controller, circuit breakers, and 2 used drive motors. All the contactors were corroded from being subjected to salt water. I have managed to get all the functions to work except it won't drive at all. The last contactor I changed (changeover contactor), caused the machine to move for just a second and then it would not respond anymore. My motor controller was flashing 4 flashes until I replaced the hyd. pump and changeover contactor. Now there are no codes flashing at all (just a solid green light). The brakes will release when the joystick is activated but machine will not move. With a voltmeter, I'm only getting 31 volts from the motor controller on the S terminal with platform peddle depressed. And 18 volts from the A terminal. There's 49.7 volts at the change over contactor on the PUMP side. Can any of you experts shed some light on what this could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Jackup602016-09-22 21:04

    Problem solved!!!! Finally got this thing working again! Turns out it was the change over contactor. Hope this helps someone else with the same issues. Reading this site helped me tremendously. Special thanks to VodooMojo, even though I never had any interaction with him, but the thread (JLG 40E "procedure fault") he responded to a few years ago paved the way for me to troubleshoot my problem. Thanks Guys

  2. #2Rodolpho2018-08-23 23:55

    Hello' I have a grove AMZ50 manlift with drive problems won't move foreword nor reverse. Just like jackup60 had. I get throttle speed up when I move the joy stick. It goes down some when I engage to try movement (11 volts). when I check for voltage at the joystick terminals that goes to the solenoid i get fluctuating readings between 8 to 4 volts. I get these same readings at the solenoid terminal wires. I think the solenoid may be defected also because when I jumper a wire from battery + I hear the relay click but I don't always get movement. Any help will be appreciated.