Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 Genie model z-45 lift wont move

jbernitt1 ยท 2016-09-19 11:02

I new to this forum I have read a lot on here but have never posted. I hope some one can help me. I am working on a 1996 Genie gas model z45 for my friend. He parked it and it was working a week later he started it up to move it and the boom wont work, the serial number is z-45-003574. I have narrowed the problem to the hydraulic flow out of the proportional manifold assemble. The life moves and the lift steer's but none of the lift arm function work. I have no hydraulic pressure exiting the proportional manifold to the function manifold but I have pressure into the valve and to the steering. The electric solenoid on top of the proportion valves a 2 wire solenoid and it has power and ground . How does this work is it a 3 way valve? or just a 2 way valve on and off? what lets the fluid pressure through the valve ? I attached a picture I hope I did it correctly I have the wires unhooked from the valve. Also in the service manual I don't see where the wires come from what is controlling the electrical signal to this valve

Replies6
  1. #1Moonlite2016-09-19 13:56

    Have you tried operating it from the ground controls also?

  2. #2jbernitt12016-09-19 14:09

    yes its inop from ground controls also

  3. #3OFF2016-09-19 14:15

    jbernitt1, have you been through the trouble-shooting flow chart in the service manual for "Primary Boom Up Function Inoperative"? Page #5-34 in my book. The Genie flow charts are usually pretty good. If you don't have a manual for that machine, you can still download one from the Genie web site.

  4. #4lantraxco2016-09-19 14:52

    I spent a few minutes perusing manuals, didn't see that valve listed anywhere.... Genie manuals kinda suck, lol.

  5. #5jbernitt12016-09-19 16:19

    no I did not do this but all of my boom functions are inop. I can fid the valve in the picture I posted in the repair manual and I have a repair manual

  6. #6OFF2016-09-19 17:09

    Page 5-27 Chart 11 - "All Lift and Steer Functions Inoperative, Drive Functions Operational" It says, put a gauge on it. Telescope in, if you have under 2400 PSI, turn the relief valve on that block you found clockwise all the way in, counting the turns. Try telescope again, if you still have no/low pressure - check the main hydraulic pump or pump drive.