Hi everyone, Great information on this site. I have a 400s that isn't getting power to the basket. I don't know the year but the serial # is 0300176886. It was having problems with the pedal cutting out when the boom was lifted high. It worked again when it was lowered so I figured broken wire in the harness. I ran a wire from the pedal to the connector on the back of the ground computer and that worked for about an hour. Then we raised it high again and all power went out in the basket. the ground conrtols still work. oh yeah, it's about two hours from the shop so I just did a quick fix to get the job done. There's no power coming into the basket computer, assuming the mains are the 2 large wires (yel/red and black) on the 2-wire connector in the middle of the board. checked all visible wire for obvious breaks checked key switch and all of the fuses I could find checked all of the connectors for corrosion tried to switch it to the basket when the motor was running on ground box Couldn't find any safety switches Thank for reading and I do appreciate any help
Thanks for the info on jlgonline. I found all of the manuals and wiring schematics there. unfortunately I found out none of the switches or sensors would cause a complete power loss to the basket. I'll just have to start at the source and see where I'm losing power. unless anyone else has a suggestion. Thanks again for this site and all the info you have on it.
Sounds like that would be the best thing to do. It very likely is a fault in the harness from the ground control up to the basket. Could be in the harness or at a plug. Wires can brake inside the harness without seeing damage on the outside.