Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 40F manual

sportnatic · 2016-08-02 22:31

Need a manual for a JLG 40F

Replies61
  1. #1boomtech2016-11-01 20:15

    What do you need,parts,service? Also what valves are in it...racine,moog,bertea or FPS...I have a ton of old F model stuff let me know....Bob

  2. #2helicemb2016-11-16 20:14

    JLG 40f I also have a JLG 40F and I have problems with some commands no responding. I suspect the wiring or electrical componants and/or hydraulic issues. The Equipment dont backup and does not turn right. I would appreciate the wiring and hydraulic diagram.....or the service manual. Thanks a lot...michel

  3. #3boomtech2016-11-29 06:15

    call me if you cant figure it out....no worries 267-864-8352 Bob aka:boomtech

  4. #4boomtech2017-01-23 21:22

    Ok fellas...just got out of the hospital and have like 20 numbers in my phone that i dont know....so hit me up again

  5. #5OFF2017-01-30 23:56

    If you guys still need JLG 40F manuals, send me a PM. I've got them on PDF files

  6. #6Michael R. Rivera2017-02-07 04:10

    Can you give more details? Do that we give the description for the question asked.

  7. #7John Barnett2019-01-06 14:04

    one

  8. #8John Barnett2019-01-06 14:06

    I recently purchased a 1980 JLG 40f and am looking for the manuals to troubleshoot some electrical as well as a service manual as the main extension cylinder needs to be resealed. I have seen that a few members on here have the manuals in PDF version and if they are willing to share those I would appreciate it.

  9. #9D. Allen2019-01-15 14:29

    Have need of readable wiring schematic, Wisconson, 2WD, Racine Still available? Thanks, [email protected]

  10. #10Asa Tower2019-05-13 21:26

    Do you still have jlg 40f manuals??

  11. #11OFF2019-05-13 21:42

    Welcome Yes, I do. Just send me a private message with your email address on it.

  12. #12OFF2019-05-13 21:53

    edit your response and take out your email. I've got it. Manuals have been sent

  13. #13Asa Tower2019-05-13 21:54

    Thanks very appreciated

  14. #14BLUEGUMRANCH2019-05-28 20:06

    Anybody have a jlg 40g manual, I got my hands on a 40 series manual but turns out it's for a 40f and most things are different.

  15. #15Asa Tower2019-05-29 11:46

    Need help please!! Jlg 40f Back story- drive, up down and rotate was bogging motor down so pulled filter out by Bertea valve, cleaned put back in. Still bogged down, so I unhooked some lines looking for small inline screen filters with no luck. Fired it back up and now have no bertea valve operations. Tried bleeding some lines close to the valve, played with the flow divider a bit, let it run for quit a while. Found that if I had high idle and high speed on I could get all my movements but only if I’m driving forward and back.

  16. #16Puggles2020-03-09 22:57

    I need a wiring schematic for a 1979 jlg 40f boom lift I can't find one anywhere

  17. #17OFF2020-03-09 23:05

    Hi, any idea what kind of controllers your machine has? What kind of control valves? I'll send you the manuals as a starting point.

  18. #18Puggles2020-03-09 23:24

    Not sure yet it had a propane powered engine but has been replaced with a gas powered engine just finally got the engine to run. I will update you when I get off work Wednesday. Thanks for your help.

  19. #19OFF2020-03-10 17:31

    @Puggles - see also the other JLG 40F Thread. HeavyEquipmentForums

  20. #20Puggles2020-03-11 22:04

    Well so far this wiring schematic is newer than what my unit looks like my unit only has 1 cube relay it doesn't have all the relays this print shows any suggestions on what to do besides junking it

  21. #21OFF2020-03-11 23:01

    Here's some more specific 40F diagrams for Racine valves. Not as general as what's in the manual. There were older JLG versions of the 40F, but I don't think they were called 40F. This one shows two relays in the main control box.

  22. #22OFF2020-03-11 23:10

    40F's with Bertea proportional valves only had one relay in the main control box.

  23. #23OFF2020-03-11 23:13

    This is what a bertea proportional valve section looks like. JLG 40F Bertea valve JLG 40F Bertea valve Attached Files: a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); border-radius: 5px;"> jlg 40f Bertea valve.jpg File size: 53.4 KB Views: 2,626

  24. #24Puggles2020-03-11 23:18

    Okay I will check them out thank you

  25. #25Puggles2020-03-11 23:19

    That is what my valves look like

  26. #26Puggles2020-03-11 23:41

    These prints look like exactly what I needed and I appreciate and thank you very much I believe I will be able to get it going now thank you for all your help and support

  27. #27Puggles2020-03-12 00:39
  28. #28Captain Mitch2021-08-15 00:15

    hey this is Captain Mitch here. Just joined heavyequipementforums and I hope that someone can help me with jlg 40F manuals. not even sure how to do this

  29. #29Captain Mitch2021-08-15 00:20

    My machine has racine valves tag #97 912003 30 Thanks in advance [email protected]

  30. #30OFF2021-08-15 01:58

    I got you Captain Mitch. You might want to edit your email address out of your post. Just in case.

  31. #31Puggles2021-08-17 14:51

    Captain Mitch did you get what you needed. I have gotten everything to work just fine on my 40f jlg boom lift.

  32. #32Puggles2021-08-17 14:58

    Did you ever get what you needed

  33. #33Captain Mitch2021-08-19 11:51

    Thanks to all of you who sent me jlg 40f stuff Captain Mitch

  34. #34Captain Mitch2021-08-19 16:37

    To the person that E-mailed me files on two E-mails seven attachments total Could you please resend them I tried moving them to save them and I lost them Thanks Captain Mitch

  35. #35Puggles2021-08-19 20:46

    Do you need the manuals for Racine valves or berta valves?

  36. #36Puggles2021-08-19 20:48

    Here's for the bertea

  37. #37Captain Mitch2021-08-19 22:32

    racine

  38. #38Puggles2021-08-19 23:43

    I sent you both to your email

  39. #39MntnmanMd2022-07-31 14:54

    I sent you a PM Off could I get a copy of them as well please Sir......... .

  40. #40OFF2022-07-31 21:17

    manuals Sent. Also check out the other major JLG 40F thread - HeavyEquipmentForums

  41. #41Joshua Gaul2022-09-19 10:46

    Could i also get a copy please [email protected]

  42. #42DanD4419722022-11-19 20:56

    Looking for JLG 40F parts? Looking for Electric Actuators for Parker spool valve. Parker Part no: 234912-23A Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance

  43. #43Joshua Gaul2022-11-21 14:13

    Any idea where i can find a replacement or rebuild kit for these they are all leaking and how hard are they to Rebuild thanks

  44. #44DanD4419722022-11-30 19:30

    Can anyone tell me the difference between Parker 234912-23A and 234912-23D pilot valves?

  45. #45LBSHEAR2023-04-27 17:23

    I have a 1979 JLG 40f. I have a lot of wiring problems does any one have a complete wiring schematic for this machine. any help would be greatly appreciated.

  46. #46OFF2023-04-27 18:08

    Welcome LB. Send me a private message with your email address, and I'll email you a copy of the JLG 40F manuals. They included a general schematic. I have better schematics as well, but I'd need to know what brand of proportional valves and controllers you have first.

  47. #47T-512023-06-24 19:53

    I just bought a 40 F and I need the shop manuals. Is there something you could send me?

  48. #48OFF2023-06-24 22:20

    There sure is. I sent you a private message, answer me back with an email address I can send the file to. And see also the 40F thread in the misc. equipment section of this site JLG 40F

  49. #49T-512023-06-25 06:16

    [email protected] Thank you very much.

  50. #50OFF2023-06-25 09:58

    You may want to edit that email address out of your post if it's not too late

  51. #51T-512023-06-25 10:05

    Thanks

  52. #52Trolleyman2023-09-06 20:04

    I would like a complete manual on this 40 F we have can't seem to find one can you help you could call 517-403-5355 if it makes it easier

  53. #53OFF2023-09-07 16:31

    Considering that post you quoted was from 2016, you may not get a reply from boomtech. I can send you the manual set, all I need from you is an email address. Probably better if you message me with it.

  54. #54policeathome2023-09-08 21:38

    Hello sir I have a jlg 40f machine, i think its a 79 model and I'm looking for manuals and parts. My email is [email protected] thank you for any help.

  55. #55Tavis2023-10-17 15:33

    Could you please send a copy of the service manual? I have a 40FN that will not idle up. I’ll message you with my email. Thanks!

  56. #56D 40G2023-10-17 17:31

    Does anyone have any 40G manuals? I Had mine for 22 years and managed to keep it going. Rebuilt every cylinder except the main one and have the seal kit. It has Racine valves if I remember correctly and a still running perfect Deutz diesel. I need a wiring manual and hydraulic valve location and function schematic.

  57. #57ajizzle12023-11-03 09:52

    Do you have a 40f manual I need one badly? [email protected]

  58. #58OFF2023-11-03 12:06

    Coming at you. Before it's too late, you may want to edit your email address out of your reply.

  59. #59TheBigDog2024-10-31 10:46

    Can anyone tell me the proper battery is for the JLG 40F? The battery that was in there when I got it was a battery group size 25, is that the correct or is there a different size that should be used? The battery finally died and time for a replacement.

  60. #60OFF2024-10-31 19:54

    I can't remember what we used, but depending on the size of the "hole" in the counter weight, it would have been either a group 24 which is 10-1/2 x 6-1/8 x 8-7/8 tall or a group 27 which is 12-1/2 x 6-1/8 x 8-7/8 tall

  61. #61TheBigDog2024-11-03 21:34

    Ok, there is a 24 Ok, I think the 27 is too wide for my opening, i'll compare a 24 and 25 to see which will fit best.