I have removed the control from the lift. After removing the top section, it appears the bottom of the joystick broke off. The rest seems OK. I sprayed cleaned everything with WD40. I am going to reattach it without the joystick and test to see if will operate tomorrow (if it is not raining). If I need to post this lift under another category, please advise, thanks.
What brand of controllers does your machine have? If lift and swing are the same controller, you must have Cutler/Hammer
You are right, Cutler-Hammer.
The problem is the broken stick. I was able to swing and go up/down, so the box passed the test. It cannot be operated like this, so ... now to find a stick or try to repair this one. I noticed another thread on these 40F...dilemma...long thread.
The controller is a Cutler-Hammer #10250T451 If you Google that, you'll get plenty of hits. I did have one, not sure if I still do. I'll look when I get back to work tomorrow.
Thank you OFF. I read through 40 pages of ... dilemma ... today (so far). Thank you for your continuing support.
OFF http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/FekAAOSwa~BYSwQR/s-l225.jpg Please click the link and look at the joystick in the picture. I believe the top portion, including the stick, will install onto mine. What do you think?
It seems very short, like it's only a single axis controller maybe. Looks like the right stick though. Should work
Short, what seems very short, the stick? I am only interested in the stick and that top enclosure that should be held on by two screws. I am not interested in the square bottom. (Confusing ?) If you do not have one, this is the route I am planning. **I just finished reading the...JLG 40 F dilemma...a long read.
OFF Thinking out loud. I prefer to repair this correctly, as I can source reasonably priced parts. My alternate question. I see one wire shared into all the electrical tabs on one side (the basket side), on the other are separate/different color wires per tab. Can individual momentary toggle switches operate these machines? For example, one toggle switch per function?
dn29626, sorry I didn't notice your question before now. By "short", I meant the square bottom piece, not the stick. The stick looked right. As for toggle switches, yes you can. The way your machine is built, you can run all the basket functions with momentary toggle switches. JLG did that exact thing with some of the 40HA models later on. Every function of some of them was toggle except for the drive.
I purchase a joystick and got it installed this week. Operated my lift for several hours today. OFF, thanks for the supportive insight.