I have a problem with the boom swing it is only swinging about 2 feet in eather direction we checked the control valve it is working a dealer said it was the swing drive motor so we changed it that was not the problem it doesn't work from the basket or on the ground in need of ideas thanks for your time again it is a jlg 40h diesel
I'm no expert but is there a gearbox under the swing motor? That would more likely be the problem. Also, I assume they have a swing brake like an excavator that's built into the swing motor. But it has to have hydraulic pressure to release it.
thanks for the information I am going to check the pressure this week end I only have Sunday to work on this machine we just purchased it thanks again
We had one do this a few years ago and it was the swing gear box. It didnt have any gear oil in it and all of the parts were seized together. Might pull the swing motor off and check that it is functioning in both directions, also make sure the swing brake is releasing when the control is stroked.
Ok we thank you for your information
Simple troubleshoot....pull the motor off the brake then pull the brake off the tourqe hub.....see if you can push boom around by hand...if so and its smooth its NOT the planetaries......now with it apart have someone hit swing and see if your motor is spinning ok...if it is whats left....the brake