I've been working on a JLG 40H with a Ford LRG425 engine. It acts like the timing is retarded, runs rough with no power. Then it will occasionally back fire after which it will run smooth with lots of power. Then after shutting it down and restarting its back to usual. Any ideas on this one? I quit working on gas engines back in the 80's long before DIS came out so this one is a bit perplexing.
I believe there were computer problems with the late 90s early 2000s ford LRG engines..... They came out with a computer and harness update kit that corrected several problems. You may have this sort of thing going on, others on here know much more about this than i do though.
So I finally was able to get back to this machine and have determined the ECM is bad. I've checked prices and the owner's not real anxious to spend $1500.00 to replace it. Has anyone found any other modules that might work? The JLG number is 7023687, I'm also looking for the original Ford part number if anyone knows. Thanks again.
I ordered the ECM update kit from an industrial Ford dealer and installed it this morning and that cured the problem. Thanks barklee for the heads up. If anyone needs the component part numbers I have them.
Could I get the part numbers from you I am having the same problem now Could I get the part numbers for the jlg ford 425 I am having the same problems now with my lift Thanks
Hello, Throwing a hail Marry here - can I get these parts numbers as well as a point of contact?
I’m having problems with my two speed switch for travel. Traced it to relay and the wire that goes to the solenoid is disconnected. How do I find the right valve bank. the diagrams aren’t clear. Thanks 40H