Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jlg 40ha controls works sometimes

Jason Caines ยท 2019-10-09 11:34

I have a 1996 jlg 40ha. The machine was working perfectly and then it started working some. The drive function works as it should but the bang bang controls only work ever so often. If I keep pushing switches then it will work for a little while. Can someone help me please?

Replies3
  1. #1Jason Caines2019-10-09 11:48

    It's the same at the basket and ground controls.

  2. #2OFF2019-10-16 11:51

    Two things I would check first. #1 would be the system voltage. Make sure you don't have a huge voltage drop someplace. You need over 12 volts all the time at either basket or ground ignition terminals. When operating a function, the voltage should never drop below 12V. #2 I would look closely at the bang-bang valves themselves. Make sure the wiring and connections are all good. The terminals like to rust off, especially the ground terminals.

  3. #3Jason Caines2019-10-16 16:55

    I have checked that. I can turn the ignition on with the engine off and I can hear every solenoid clicking when I move each switch. I'm wondering if it the dump valve?