Anyone ever removed the telescoping hydraulic cylinder for rebuild. Question is can the main pin at the top of boom be removed and cylinder pulled out from the top or do you have to pull basket and everything else and drag out cylinder from the bottom? I tried to remove pin at the top and did not budge. If pin would move over halfway I think cylinder would drag out from the top.
another shot.
I haven't pulled one out of a 450A, but I'd be willing to bet it won't come out the back end, the block at the rear of the cylinder probably won't clear the pin bosses of the main boom pivot pin in the picture, you'll probably have to pull the telescoping section then pull the cylinder.
Thats what I was hoping to avoid. Lol
Gotta pull telescoping section.
thanks Willie59 and Moonlite. I respect your knowledge and skills.