Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 450ASII controls on platform stay on after letting go

HozeVig ยท 2014-10-16 14:50

Hey guys, I have this issue with a JLG 450ASII. All the functions (drive,turn,lift,extend,swing) from the platform keep working when you let them go for about 3-4 seconds, even longer when the engine speed is on high. Only when you raise the foot pedal does it stop right away. From the base (bottom) it works fine. This could get dangerous and I would like to fix it. Any help on what it could be? is it a calibration issue? Thanks ahead.

Replies7
  1. #1Moonlite2014-10-16 21:00

    What yr is your machine and whats the serial number?

  2. #2HozeVig2014-10-17 09:29

    Model year 2007, serial # 0300100326

  3. #3Moonlite2014-10-17 23:21

    Has this unit been doing this since you got it? Or has it just started this? Could be that someone has changed the decel settings. You will need a jlg analyzer to check settings. I suggest calling a tech out.

  4. #4HozeVig2014-10-22 08:52

    Yes, it has been doing this since we got it. I will look into finding an analyzer for the machine. Thanks for the input!

  5. #5fsmech2014-10-22 09:26

    Yes you will definitely need the analyser to repair this one. Each function has a different different acceleration and deceleration setting for the electric over hydraulic controls. Best idea would be to get a technician to restore it to factory settings. Once you have the analyser and password, settings can be changed that would make the machine very dangerous to operate if not done correctly

  6. #6Hardline2014-10-22 09:45

    Yup sounds like they have a lot of RamP set into the machine. all can be set with someone with a handheld analyzer.

  7. #7HozeVig2014-12-04 14:22

    UPDATE- I went ahead and got the analyzer. Was able to adjust the deceleration settings and took care of the problem. One of the easiest fixes I've ever done. Thanks!