Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jlg 450a dies when switched to basket contols

slwbid ยท 2019-07-01 18:39

Cranks and runs fine at ground controls, but switch appears dead when turned to basket. Any ideas appreciated, but wont help to send me working diagram. I cant read them. If I could figure out how to lift the basket control pa el top,I could look to see if emergency cutoff switch has loose wire. Any help appreciated Stacy

Replies2
  1. #1Mikefromcny2019-07-13 22:42

    There's a Allen bolt on the under side of the platform control box. Unscrew that and it'll lift up. Sounds like you might have a bad e stop on the basket side.

  2. #2slwbid2019-08-11 20:41

    I found all my problems... 1. Bad ignition switch on upside Later 2. 1 30amp connector behind bottomside EMS cutoff busted out, threw all load on the remaining 30 am. Melted it and burned out the new switch. 3. Got all that replaced. Ran 2 weeks and then nothing. Checked voltage at switch. Only 11 volts. Traced main wire headed back towards battery. Someone had replaced about 4 feet closest to switch with smaller guage and connected the two wires where weather could get to it. Obvious signs of getting hot. Replaced that wire. All is well now