I didn't see a category for man lifts, so I'm posting this question here. If there is a better place for this to be posted and seen by someone able to help, please point me in the right direction. I've been tasked with figuring out why our JLG 450AJ at work will not stay in high idle when traveling. It is not a gently used machine, but it is mostly in working condition. Very recently, this problem arose when driving across the yard to where the lift is needed. You step on the accelerator in the basket and begin to move. You get about 6 feet and it drops back into low idle and stops. Foot off pedal, depress, six feet, low idle, over and over. To go along with this issue, at or around the same time, I've noticed that when in the basket using the functions, it will also drop into low idle while using functions. The odd thing about it, is that if you keep your foot on the accelerator, the functions will continue to work, at the same speed, even though it is now in low idle (and for the most part work more consistently and smoother than when in high idle) where these functions previously only worked while the accelerator is depressed and engine in high idle. Any help pointing me in the right direction as to where to better post this, or where on the machine I need to be looking for answers would be greatly appreciated. I downloaded the almost 500 page manual, but so far not making heads or tails. My initial thoughts are throttle actuator or the timer on the foot pedal timing out because it is not getting a signal that I'm using a function.
No replies yet.