Trying to figure out how to get a wrench on the hydraulic hose connections on the tower lift cylinder of a JLG 45HA. Area is too tight for a wrench so I assume there is a trick I haven't figured out. See attached picture. Thanks!
It's hard to tell much from one picture, but try a crowfoot wrench, and or an angle wrench. the Snap-on brand angle wrenches have an angle the others don't. I've done some you had to use both ends of an angle wrench, and a service wrench alternately. If you can't turn it with something, parts have to come off 'til you can. Sometimes it takes a ridiculous amount of disassembly to change a hose.
I'm with Mitch, hard to tell by the pic aside from it shows tight tolerance. You said that's the tower lift. I could be wrong (again, looking at pic), but that looks like tower extend/retract. Is it possible to knock out the pic that attaches the cylinder and extend it out thereby giving access to the fittings?
Thanks for your input. After reading your comments and studying it again today, I believe I can knock out a large pin through the block shown and swing the block out to access the hose fittings. I'll never understand why manufacturers unnecessarily design things so difficult to work on when it would seem a more user friendly design would be just as easy.