Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 600s footswitch wiring problem

Trawlin ยท 2014-08-27 06:52

Hi all, I bought a used JLG 600s (1999) and the footswitch wiring in the platform has been yanked out. I've researched the wiring diagrams to try to determine where exactly the four footswitch wires are connected to but it is truly unclear. There are only 4 wires; orange, red, blue, and black. I know the orange is power supply from breaker and black is ground... But I cannot determine where the other 2 were connected or if there is another component missing. A picture of the actual wiring would be great. Anybody familiar with this? Thanks in advance for any input.

Replies6
  1. #1CM19952014-08-27 19:17

    Welcome to the Forums Trawlin! I moved this thread from the "Cranes" section to here, good luck.

  2. #2willie592014-08-27 20:47

    Welcome to HEF Trawlin. What's the machine serial number? What engine does it have, Deutz diesel or Ford dual fuel?

  3. #3VoodooMojo2014-08-27 21:52
  4. #4willie592014-08-27 21:59

    Yep, that's pretty much it! :drinkup

  5. #5Trawlin2014-08-29 17:31

    Looking for more detail... ----------- Thanks very much for the input... I had that picture of the wiring and factory schematics. However for example, the connectors for the blue wire go to the stop/ run switch and there is no place for the blue wire to actually connect. Same for the red and orange wires. Im wondering if they connect via the block connector thru the harness? What would be most helpful would be a pic showing the actual routing for the footswitch wires. Ive been trying to get a look at another machine but that seems impossible... Also is there any way to bypass the footswitch so I can move the machine? Thanks much!

  6. #6Trawlin2014-08-31 11:21

    Got it!! Thanks very much for the input... it was wired through the terminal block after all. Just took some backtracing. Cheers.