Hi guys new here as I don’t normally ask for help! I bought a jlg 600s book lift. Deutz diesel 4x4 straight boom. The lift worked 100% when I got it. The hose carrier chain had broke a link on the previous owners and they stopped using it. The only function that I wouldn’t use was the telescope in/out. It worked but I didn’t want to pinch hoses or wires. Long story short I have the new hose carrier chain and was going to install it after I finished up a project on the farm. I was using the lift for like 2 days straight. No problems. Stopped one day to go do something else and when I returned the boom functions and the steering do not work. The lift will drive, rev up switch to high gear but won’t steer, and none of the boom functions work. I’ve looked for broken wires. Lose connections etc. nothing. I opened the dash in the basket and found the flow control card does not light up. I switched plugs with another board and verified that the flow control board is not getting power because it will light up when plugged into a different functions plug. I’m at a loss. I don’t want to just throw parts at it but to me it seems there is a switch or a valve that is not allowing hydraulic power to the valve bank. Hopefully some of you guys have more knowledge on this than I do Thanks in advance! Kody
Those machines use a computer at the platform that communicates with a computer at the lower control station. If you have functions not working at the platform you should have a flashing yellow light at the platform which is flashing a code. Even better is to have the JLG handheld code reader
So I guess I should add functions don’t work at platform or ground control. I was looking at buying a jlg analyzer because I’m sure I’ll need it at some point again on this machine. Do these machines store codes like a car or truck obd? I have been searching through the service manuals on jlg’s site trying to get a grasp of how the machine works and communicates but they are pretty vague. Is it possible the ground computer failed and just shuts out all boom function? The way it all happened seems like it’s got to be electrical related to fail so abruptly.
Also to add to this the distress light does not flash. It comes on when you pop the e stop out and as soon as the machine builds oil pressure and charges it shuts off. Is there another flashing light i should be looking at or is the one on the dash it?
If it doesn't work from ground control station then you got problems. Nothing I can advise on the internet. Again, those machine are controlled solely by those two computers, the one at the base is the motherboard so to speak. I'm not real experienced with the diagnostics of those machines, may be possible to troubleshoot with the smart analyzer, just don't know myself. On this one might be worth spending a few dollars for a JLG tech to check it out.
Appreciate the help!
Wish I could offer more, but machines are no longer user friendly, they done went and gone high tech.
I’m unsure of the year on this one. I’m assuming mid 2000s but yea I know whatcha mean. Most of my Equipment is older than 2010 and still reasonable to work on. But this lift has ALOT of wires neatly placed and labeled. Figure I should ask for some help cause I know lifts seem to be troublesome
UPDATE: So I ordered an analyzer tool. But decided I should be prepared and search for the ports to plug it into. Upon realizing my machine is a 1998 and 1998 is the first year they added support for the analyzer tools and my machine does not have the ports. I decided to keep digging further. One of the hydraulic lines seemed to be vibrating. Tried to follow it but got side tracked (ADHD brain…) started chasing hydraulic lines off the valve body. Found a hydraulic coil valve on the back of the valve body. Pulled it off and tried testing the coil (had 12v when you used a boom function) So I tried testing the coil by putting a screw driver in the bore of the coil and flipping a boom control switch. The coil did not hold the screw driver. I took a Solonoid coil off the 2 speed travel valve and plugged it in. Wallah, it held the screw driver. I installed it where the faulty one was and all boom function returned. So this valve is the main dump valve for the valve block. When not energised it dumps the pilot pressure. When you energize it it will supply pressure to the valve block. I knew this had to be something small and dumb. Hopefully this helps someone else