Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 601S Boom Lift wont drive

cabininthewoods ยท 2024-06-14 07:55

Hey, hope I got the right forum, I have an older JLG 601S. For awhile now it would get stuck and not drive but moving wheels, bouncing the bucket would get it moving. However, now if we can get it to move which is not really at all it moves feet per minute. I don't know much about the motors and breaks on hydraulics. I am hoping maybe someone could give me some ideas. I have tried: - Releasing the brakes (turning the cap upside down and reattaching it) on one wheel at at time, till 3 of the 4 were (supposedly) free. NOTHING - Releasing all 4 brakes (supposedly) (but not sure if the lift drives in this configuration). NO JOY I thought about taking the hub apart but was not sure what I would get myself into. Hoping maybe someone has some ideas or has seen this type of issue before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies1
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-06-30 15:21

    You will need some hydraulic and electrical test equipment in order to go any further. If you engage the drive in forward or reverse does it sound like the engine is laboring down. Charge pressure for the drive pump will need to be checked first and for this you may need some hydraulic test gauges and test point fittings to install into the pump test ports.