Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skytrak 10054 inner boom hoses

mel1981 ยท 2024-06-09 18:25

Hi there, has anyone taken the boom sections apart to replace the four inner boom hoses? I have a couple of blown and one that got pinched. I believe whoever worked on it last did something wrong. I should not have all these issues. What cost am I looking at for a shop to do? i can get the track and hose for around 3500. I tried pulling the hose out with string attached but with no luck. There was a ton of tension on the hose as if they ziptied them together perhaps. thanks for any help

Replies2
  1. #1Roadoil2024-11-01 01:29

    It's a 4 day job for an experienced Telehandler mechanic to take apart the boom on the 10054 to replace the hoses. You can replace the boom hoses on a 10042 without taking it apart but not the 10054.

  2. #2BetterBuilt2026-03-11 08:06

    Hopefully, anyone who has done this has actually had success! Just found this old thread on taking apart boom sections and repairing here on HEF Here is a link for a shop that shows how they do it Hope this is helpful!