Hi, To remove the hold down solenoid valve on main lift cylinder, does the cylinder need to be removed from machine? There is only about 1" between the solenoid coil body and frame and the coil would need to slide off in the direction of the frame. Is there a manual over ride? Thank you for any tips. Dennis
Are you removing the entire valve cartridge or just the coil?
Would like to remove just coil. Coil is rusty and open no resistance. Im hesitant to fully lift it to find out still can't get coil off.
Well, that is a dilemma for sure. Yes, that coil (and valve) is what releases the cylinder to lower the platform. I can't say for certain it would be accessible when you raise the platform, but I'm guessing likely yes, but again, can't say for certain. And if it doesn't work at present, would do any good to raise the platform to place it on the safety props as you won't be able to lower it onto the props, that coil operating is the only way to make it come down. I don't have any good suggestions on this one.
Here are pictures of what I had to do get coil off. Maybe will help someone. There is drain plug on cylinder block. I raised lift just above the support props and loosened the plug few turns to let oil drip out in bucket to settle on props. Then removed bottom pin that holds cylinder to scissor frame. Raised cylinder with chain hoist and that give you just enough space to remove coil.