Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG LULL 944E-42

Oscar Mejia · 2022-06-28 23:26

So I need to remove the big rear boom cylinder. I put an red arrow on the picture for reference. Can someone provide me with the necessary steps to remove it? I have other equipment that can help me pull it out.

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632022-06-29 08:02

    I assume you are talking about the extension cylinder. If so, are you positive the cylinder is what's leaking? There are hoses and fittings inside that boom also. The proper way to remove it is to pull it with the secondary boom then start separating it on the ground.

  2. #2Oscar Mejia2022-06-29 14:00

    Yes the seals are shot on it. Okay. I’m used to doing bobcats and cats compact skid steers type of cylinders and since this is a bigger cylinder my plan was to take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop so I can get it resealed. Do you think It can fit on a pick up truck bed or would it be best to hot shot it to the shop?