Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tire mounting question

Bigfooteq ยท 2022-06-28 13:11

My lift is a 1979 Yale G83p dually. I changed two of the tires, tubes and flaps and, after inflating to 110 psi (125 is max), I noticed that the flap is protruding through the valve stem hole on the rim. Is this normal? Should there be an insert of some kind in there? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #156wrench2022-06-29 06:53

    USUALLY, flaps have a reinforced thicker area around the valve stem hole to help reduce that

  2. #2Bigfooteq2022-06-29 10:11

    Thanks

  3. #3Old Doug2022-06-29 10:33

    Something isnt wright but it may not be a problem.

  4. #4Bigfooteq2022-06-30 13:29

    I bought some plastic bushings. Not sure if they will be enough. Anyway. Thanks all.

  5. #5Old Doug2022-07-01 08:19

    What kind of a bushing? The flap is probably not centered on the tube or needs to be flipped around . I dont know if it will ever cause a problem or not.

  6. #6Bigfooteq2022-07-01 10:39

    It's a plastic bushing like this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/293622425117 Everything is centered in the holes. I made sure of that when I installed. I'm going to try backing the pressure down to 90 to 95 psi and see what that does.