Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG Manlift Problem

od1 ยท 2009-09-11 19:22

I have to post 3 times before I can start a new thread. I have a JLG40F manlift that has left me hanging to many times. That's not literial but actual. I want to rewire it but its been patched so many times that I'd feel safer if I had a wiring diagram. It has a few other problems as well. 1, it has to warm up for at least 20 minutes before the foward and reverse, the turit, large boom will run. The steering platform tilt and small boom will work right off the bat though. 2, The forward and revirce joystick positions are now the same. No matter which way I position the joystick it goes in reverse only. I switched joysticks and it's still the same. 3, The brakes do not hold. Are there pads? A friend of mine religns pads for skiders so all I need to know is how to remove the old pads (if there are pads that is) Thanks to all for your time on this. You can reach me at [email protected]

Replies1
  1. #1willie592009-09-11 19:45

    Yep, and it's actually better that you would start your own thread, that way you control your thread and not someone elses. But, I can tell your wanting the info. Diagram? Not sure, I may have one at work but won't be back there 'till Monday. Yes, these machines have to warm up before the proportional controls (boom, swing, drive) will work. That's just an inherent quirk of the Bertae control valves on the machine. The telescope, basket rotate, and basket level are controlled by Racine bang valves, totally different valve operation. Since your in Canada, it would help to use the thinnest viscosity hyd oil you can find. This does help in these machines, just doesn't remedy completely. Brakes, yes, they have replacable pads. I don't remember the procedure, but I'm thinking it wasn't that hard to do. Remove the sheet metal covers on top of the axle frame at the drive wheels and you'll see the drive motor and the brake setup.