2016 JLGT500J Towable man lift Honda engine Boom functions slow down, and boom squeaks from running so slow after a few hours of use. Has anyone had any issues with the boom slowing down, and almost killing the engine while using? It appears the boom functions use the electrical from the starting battery for operation. If I attach a trickle charger or charger to the starting battery and give it a full charge prior to using, it will last a few hours before starting to act up. I have checked the battery while running and it appears the charging system is working (13.5v while running), but just doesn't keep up with the constant use with the boom functions. It should run without the battery hooked up if I'm not mistaken, the battery is just for starting the Honda engine. When I operate the boom the idle does idle up while functioning. is the charge system bad under load? Is that possible?
No replies yet.