I have a 2007 JLG 400S dual fuel machine which I decided to wash late last week. After washing the machine controls will no longer function. I am able to drive the machine forwards and backwards but not able to steer. I am also unable to get the boom to go up or down, swing the basket... As I believe this is a water problem I have blown the water out of the harness's and solenoids. I have also swapped all solenoid's with no luck. After sitting for 2 full days the machine has not made any progress from drying out more. Thoughts or Suggestions? Thanks
Having no idea how this machine is controlled, this is a guess. I would take apart any electrical connector plugs that might have gotten wet, and blow them out with air, then maybe use a little shot of silicon spray. Did you pressure wash it? what kind of detergent?
Delmer - We currently have unplugged all of the electrical plugs and are hoping they dry out more. We will try spraying some silicon spray or WD40 to see if that will help. We pressured washed the machine with water only.
What functions work from the platform and which ones work from ground? Also serial number.
Serial Number 300100925 The same functions work from both the machine and the platform. Start, speed of machine, drive forwards/backwards. No other functions are currently working.
We decided to start swapping parts with another one of our machines. We were able to verify that are control cards (Machine/Basket) both work. We are getting 2 machine error codes on our cards and the other set of cards. 4 flashes then 3 flashes. Anybody know what these errors mean on a JLG 400S? Thanks
I believe that the 43 code is engine coolant temp sensor low voltage.
Blink code 4/3 can mean a whole list of things which for some reason i cant click and paste. Its on page 351 in the service manual. If you cant find it give me your email and i will send it.
Today we decided to have a JLG tech come out and look at our lift. The tech plugged his computer reader into our machine and the reader found everything to be okay. Which is obviously not the case. The tech spent over 2 hours and eventually thought he found a bad hydraulic valve. After swapping vales with another one of our machines our machine would still not operate. We have made progress as all functions work via auxiliary power (battery). Once you start the machine only certain functions work. We are unable to steer the machine as well as extend our boom out. We have hit a wall, any suggestions or experience with this behavior. Thanks for all of the previous responses.