I bought this unit to use around the farm. It came through an auction and I'm figuring out how it works. It came with no manual, does anyone have one they would sell? If not, I'll pay the $250 factory price begrudgingly. The unit seems to work with the exception of the boom rotation function. The lower controls will rotate it CW twice as fast as it will CCW. The upper controls will move it CW but not CCW. How do I troubleshoot this?
First thing you need to do is to inspect your upper control linkage for excessive play. Some times when the control linkage at the bucket get so far out of adjustment it can work one function and not the other. When adjusting the trigger if you have a singlestick controller there should be about a 16th Or co of an inch of play before it begins to move the enable spool.
Ok thanks. mine has separate joysticks for all the functions and I'll make sure the linkage moves the plunger equally both directions. I found a bulletin showing how to increase the flow rate to the upper controls. I drilled out an orifice as per the bulletin. It made a slight difference, now the orbit function will barely crawl counterclockwise whereas it wouldn't move at all before.
Ok well i may have a manual i just have to look for it its been several years since I worked there but had all of them on disk. Can you tell me what year the machine is? That way i can get you the one closest to your unit.
Hey, that's great, its a 1999 machine There is a bulletin in here that also says its OK to increase the system pressure up to 2600 psi from 2200, maybe the manual will show how to do this. http://www.terex.com/utilities/en/safety/product-advisories/index.htm Thanks!
Found the manual it's 7 Megs it's a 97 but it should work need an email. Also I think the rotation stop switch is bad causing your rotation issue
thank you, the manual is excellent. You got me looking in the right area. I tested the rotation limit switches with a voltmeter and they seemed to be working. I decided to try and take the solenoid apart that limits the rotation in the counterclockwise direction, thinking it was dirty and being held open, depressurizing that branch of the hydraulic circuit. What I found was that the valve was bent which held it open. I was able to bend it back straight and now the thing is fixed! rotates both ways nicely. My theory: the ratchet strap that lashes the boom to the rest platform was broken. The boom was banging back and forth while being driven from place to place. The boom bumped into the CCW solenoid, bending the valve tube.
Nice glad you got it going . Glad I could help
Is there anyway I could get a copy of that manual? I am having trouble with one I just bought.
What sort of trouble do you have? Do you know what model you have?
I have bought a HI-RANGER T292 2003
what do need to check to get it going or to start??
is the pto turning on?