I bought a Jlg4626 Lift at a auction. It came without batteries I don't want to buy new batters until I get it working. I have 2 12v car batteries in it to test. I can get it to steer but that's it .I replaced the free wheeling valve because it was stuck. I also put in a new key switch because the old one was busted. It will raise and lower with the switch on the lower control box. When I push the joystick to go forward, reverse or up the pump will run but nothing else happens. When I press on the joystick to go forward or reverse the brakes do not disengage. When I try to raise the platform with the joystick the pothole bars do not lower Any suggestion?
I would start out ohm out the coil cable going from control box to connector at top of scissor stack .If all is good do the same for the scissor stack harness I would think a wire pinched or bad joystick but would test harnesses before I started buying parts, you can also go to jlg website all there manuals are free
Remove the control deutsch plug. Go under the machine and find the platform control cable. It has the same deutsch connector as the platform box. Plug your platform box in and bypass the scissor stack cable. If it works you got a bad cable on your stack. If you get the same problems its could be your coiled controled box or possibly a bad joy stick. Since your working from ground controls id suspect on of those two first
Update When I bought this it came with the wrong control box. Bought a used one for a hundred bucks and all is good