I am considering buying a JCB 520-40. I'm unfamiliar with the type of mounting system on telehandlers. However I have lots of skid steer attachments that I would like to be able to use with it. What is the easiest way to use an attachment with a universal skid steer QC on a machine like this?
Make an adapter that goes from what’s on the forklift to what ever the attachments need. Look online, may find one factory made .
I found an adapter that I think would work: https://hayspear.com/jcb-520-loader-to-skid-steer-hitch-adapter/ It's going to add an extra 200 lbs to any attachment that I'm using. But maybe it's the only way. Thanks for your help.
Looks good
The forklift part of the adapter is part of the machine ,only the skid steer mounting plate is added weight
I have seen these used along with rented/sold this setup. What type of application are you trying to use it in? JCB does sell a plate for easy mounting.
I am trying to replace a multi terrain loader with a small telehandler. I need to use a general purpose bucket, forks, and (rarely) a non-articulated backhoe attachment. I need to be able to drive across grass without damaging it, and plow snow efficiently. My tracked machine wasn't great at either.
I feel you will be ok with the bucket and forks but instead of buying the plate I would recommend just getting a material bucket for that machine. I would also check to see if the hydraulic flow would be sufficient to run that backhoe attachment. When it comes to finding a tire that doesn’t destroy grass check into turf tires But I am not sure how well they would do in the snow. Do you have a rental company close to you? These machines are very versatile but maybe rent and test it out before you buy. Also look into other brands. JCB makes a solid machine but Genie, JLG, Bobcat, and Wacker I know make a similar machine that may have different options to facilitate your needs.
Thanks. I actually just got back from the Wacker dealer. I'm very interested in the TH412. They are available with very wide turf tires. But the dealer said that machine isn't sold in the US. There's two of them 400 miles away in Canada though...
Are you looking new or used?
Wacker makes a good machine. I used to work for a company that was a Wacker dealer here in the states but you are correct the forklifts are not here in the states. Have you checked out a Genie or JLG? The Genie 5519 is great machine in my opinion. JLG has G5-18A forklift also.
I'm looking for new or less than 3 years old and less than 1,000 hours. I've researched the Genie and JLG. Both are bigger and heavier than I'd need. So much of my concern is being able to drive over grass without damaging it, so I think keeping the weight down is important. The Wacker only weighs 6,000 lbs. Yes, it can only lift 2,600 lbs, but right now I'm getting by with a CAT skid steer that's only rated for 2,100 lbs.
What did you end up doing?