Anyone familiar or have purchased a bucket from JM Attachments out of Florida? I am looking for a 30" digging bucket for a JD 35D. I was wondering if they are as beefy as they look? Thanks for any feedback. https://jmattachments.com/ https://www.facebook.com/people/JM-...1FjE0yUCyyVk3MBnLfaFEIA1W4-bRyRySL2OqOeg&_rdr
Look to be from China so quality of steel and durability are suspect. I see they sell the same vibratory rollers that RB auctions sell... and people complain about. What does a bucket from JD or someone like Weldco Beales cost? That could tell you a lot.
$1,250-$1,375 depending on the dealer.
Why are you even thinking about a bucket from JM attachments? It's not like there's a huge savings. Look at the side cutters, they aren't even tapered.
At a lot of attachment places very few, if any, of the products are produced in house. Most stuff is usually rebranded from another manufacturer as theirs.
Thanks for the feedback. They have an Ebay store with a "Make Offer" choice. I think I will make an offer at my local JD dealer instead.
I just bought a 42" claw bucket for my excavator, it is very impressive, it is much heavier than the standard bucket on my machine. Extremely well made. I wouldn't think twice for other attachments as well. Very good to deal with.
The welds are confusing. Some of the circular welds look to be overkill. Some on the thumb look rough with under cut and the tooth adaptors appear to be under welded and not welded all around. Looks pretty beefy overall though.
Last year I bought a 5' bucket from them for my SV100. I don't normally do "cheap" options, they usually are very expensive when it comes to time and frustration. I don't recall the details, but when I called around elsewhere the buckets were decently to considerably more expensive and smaller in capacity than I wanted. I think it was the capacity that made me give JMA a whirl. It is a ditching bucket, it's not heavily built, but it is built reasonably well. AFAIK it's not made of any special steel, I could bend/bow/smile the floor if I tried. I still dig with it on occasion I don't want a toothed bucket. It's also 5' of unsupported floor, most would have center support to help the floor/give material something to really stick to. Zero problems with any welds so far... the cutting edge bolts were too long by something less than an inch so I ground them flush with the nuts. I do wish it was bigger, but it was the best bigger bucket I could find. I wouldn't mind it not being John Deere Green, but I haven't bothered to spray it another color either. Looking up the easy to find details I paid $3227.48 delivered. Cat wanted $4251.44 and the struck capacity of JMA was similar to the heaped capacity. Not a meaningful difference in price, but Here's a picture from last night, loaded out maybe around 250 yards. Last May Before I ground the bolts down. Pumping driveway repair, excavate and backfill with 2-3".
36" factory Tag bucket.
They appear beefy enough and 25% less $$$ is worth considering especially if it's not for a super HD bucket like a frost bucket.