Here are a few pics I took of all of our equipment in the yard. We brought it all in before the holiday break. Enjoy.
And a few more
You got some nice stuff. Are the Volvo's a decent machine?
The sight of those beautiful wheeled excavators, especially the Gradall, sets my heart into an irregular beat!! BTW, since when did Mustang have a small wheeled excavator?!?!
The operator of the Volvo says it's alright, he still prefers a Cat, more stability. I guess Mustang don't make the wheeled ones anymore. Not a bad little machine for all the services we're doing.
That's the first privately owned Gradall I've seen.
A paving co in my town has a few of them but they are truck fram type with machine on the back. they used them to rip up the roads in our town when i saw them moving. and I know ** aother contractor that used them to do all his site work and utility work.
Mixed fleet Holy cow, you sure have a mixed fleet, one of everything . I thought Gradall went extinct. What in the world do you use that for ?? :beatsme
Digging under low wires always work great for the Gradall's here and not to mention built in roto-twister wrist action!
Gradalls are pretty much gone around here. The county has a few but they never use them anymore. We had one at the school i went to. It was a pretty cool machine to run. Ours was a truck mounted machine. Shoulda seen the dump truck drivers freak out when we were driving the gradall around the field from the back cab. They would see the truck driving around but no one in the cab. We had one driver stop and run over to the gradall to stop it. He felt like a fool when he realized what was going on.
Wow; It's good to see another Gradall operator here. I think Gradalls are under utilized and deserve some credit. They fill a very definite nich in excavating. Telescooper
All of the big companies have gradalls around here. They use them for swales and slope work, spreading stone and topsoil. I have run a few of them and they are a great machine. Takes a little getting used to, especially after just hopping off of a excavator.
When I ran an XL4600, I couldn't believe how far out the cab was from the swing center, felt like I was being thrown out of the seat when I let it swing full tilt.
We have a lot of Gradall's around here, but I've never ran one.
I remember seeing a Gradall digging in the "Big Dig" in Boston on a Discovery Channel special, looked like the only machine up to the challenge.
If that Gradall you saw on the Discovery channel was a 5200, then it was my father running it. He had told me one day that the Discovery channel was up at his job site filming for a show on the Big Dig. The Gradalls we are using on our job are perfect because there are a lot of overhead obstacles that the other machines can't work with. They are great machines although it does take a little bit of time to get used to it after running an excavator.
It appears to me that a wheel loader can do the same thing? Does the Gradall have a reach advantage?
The Gradall's are putting in pipe, you can't do that with a wheel loader.
Around Boston in the back allys there are a ton of low wires. The Gradalls work great.
Lots of interesting info here i wish i had found this forum sooner, here are a few pics from a job i did last winter.
Great shots, everyone needs a good pup on site too. A buddy of mine runs a loader with his black lab laying on the floor next to him. By the way, that job looks identicle to a job I did in November, I'll try to find the pics.
Interesing looking rock. BTW are those rubber baby buggy bumpers running along the sides of the machine?
I wish i had more pics of that particular job, thats the first trackhoe that i was ever on, could have used a little more practice on flat ground before tackling that one. But it kept things interesting. My 4X4 yota would barely climb that hill when we started that job.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums hwimberley! :drinkup