Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deer 225c lc auto idle not working

Raptor exc · 2024-08-27 18:48

My deer 225c lc have a high idle even at lidle position on the dial and the auto idle is not Working but the green light is on.when I turn the key to off position the rpm goes down to 200rpm an then goes back up I don’t know where to start Help please

Replies43
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-08-27 21:21

    Welcome to HEF Raptor . Get into the service mode on your monitor in the cab. To do that press and hold the set button then key on or start. After bulb check release the button. Then use the select button to scroll. Scroll until the number 8 is on the left side of the screen. That is your rpm dial voltage. What is the low idle voltage and the high idle voltage? Does the voltage change smoothly through the full range?

  2. #2Raptor exc2024-08-27 22:24

    I will try tomorrow but I don’t think there is a service mode in my 225c

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-08-27 22:33

    I would be very surprised if it didn’t have service mode

  4. #4mg23612024-08-28 05:25

    Yes, it has a service mode.

  5. #5Raptor exc2024-08-30 12:00

    4.4 in high idle and 0.5 in low idle yes it work smoothly through the range

  6. #6mg23612024-08-30 12:10

    When you are in service mode, have a zero on the left, any number other than zero on the right?

  7. #7Raptor exc2024-08-30 12:49

    The lowest rpm I can get is1380 an the highest is 2075. All the fuse behind the seat are good. All the throttle linkage works smoothly when unattached to the electric motor.the electric motors is working except that he don’t go down enough ???

  8. #8Raptor exc2024-08-30 12:52

    O on the left 0 on the right

  9. #9Steve Austin2024-08-30 16:13

    Did this happen suddenly? Have you had injection pump off for rebuild or replace? Or any other repairs?

  10. #10Raptor exc2024-08-30 17:47

    Was working perfectly at the end of the day Next morning when I started it it was reving high. And auto idle was not working

  11. #11Steve Austin2024-08-31 10:58

    Does it rev up as soon as it starts, or do you have to lower pilot shut off lever than it revs up?

  12. #12Raptor exc2024-09-01 20:35

    It revs up as soon as i starts

  13. #13Steve Austin2024-09-03 17:26

    In your first post you state that when you turn key to off RPM goes down to 200 than goes back up. So, meaning it will not completely shut down right. Sounds like EC motor has lost its calibration settings if I am thinking about the right model. I don't have the calibration procedure for this excavator. If I remember correctly there is an engine speed control motor position sensor in the motor housing. It would not be unusual for the motor or the sensor to fail suddenly but i would thank this should generate a code. Go into service menu with key on engine off and look at all the function sensors to see if they all read near zero. Just to verify that you don't have a sensor reading pressure when it should not be causing the controller to do some weird stuff. Also perform same check engine running pilot shut off lever up.

  14. #14Raptor exc2024-09-03 18:22

    if the ec motor as lost his calibration will it affect auto idle and auto acceleration? i will try this tomorrow Thanks

  15. #15Raptor exc2024-09-04 10:38

    When the engine is off whit lever up pump pressure,pump flow and pilot pressure are at zero. When engine is on L1-e L2-e 0-0 1-0 2-0.3 3-0.3 4-0.1 5-0.0 6-750 7-2.5 8-0.5 9-0.1 A-0.1 B-0.0 C-0.0 D-0 E-0.0 F-0 Engine on lever down L1-e L2-e 0-0 1-0 2-0.3 3-0.3 4-1.1 5-1.1 6-750(but real rpm is 1375) 7-2.5 8-0.5 9-0.0 A-0.0 B-0.0 C-0.0 D-0 E-0.0 F-0 does the 7 and the 8 should be the same? Thank for your help

  16. #16Steve Austin2024-09-04 16:50

    I am not sure what function sensor # 7 refers to as i only have info on a 160CLC but 2.5 should be MPA reading which equals to 362 PSI I would thank it should read in the zero range like the others. May be Diesel Dave or MG can furnish you the monitor data items list. for the 225.

  17. #17Raptor exc2024-09-04 17:43

    I think it is the same as zx225 hitachi

  18. #18Diesel Dave2024-09-04 18:46

    No , EC angle voltages and Dial angle voltages are different. See screenshot below. . . Yes , a Deere 225C is the same as a ZX225US

  19. #19Diesel Dave2024-09-04 21:08

    When you turn OFF auto idle ,what is your engine speed at idle ? Does Front Att operation item “d” (in the monitor list) register a 1 when operating any dig function ?

  20. #20Raptor exc2024-09-04 21:19

    No

  21. #21Raptor exc2024-09-04 21:22

    auto idle on or off,the idle is the same 1375rpm

  22. #22Diesel Dave2024-09-04 21:26

    The auto idle indicator light goes off with auto idle switch off ?

  23. #23Raptor exc2024-09-04 21:39

    Yes

  24. #24Raptor exc2024-09-04 21:41

    Auto acceleration A/A is not working either.

  25. #25Diesel Dave2024-09-04 21:56

    All the pilot pressure sensors (9,A,b,c ) have readings when operating the various functions ? You say the Front Att Operation sensor (d) circuit is not working which is likely why the auto idle isn’t functioning properly. Doesn't explain why the idle speed is high with auto idle off tho. The Front Att operation sensor is located on the side of the swing motor housing, check the wiring harness and the terminals on the sensor.

  26. #26Raptor exc2024-09-04 23:34

    Thank I will look at that tomorrow

  27. #27Raptor exc2024-09-05 10:01

    The front att opération sensor d circuit is workin I get a 1 when operating I cleaned the conector Engine on lever down operating L1-e L2-e 0-0 1-0 2-every function 3-every function except curling the bucket 4- every function except swing 5-every function except bucket 6-750 but real rpm is 1375 7-2.5 when dial is at 0 8-0.5 to4.4 9-only boom up À-only stick in B-only swing C-forward and reverse D-every function except travel E-nothing 0.0 F-nothing 0 Whit auto idle on, dial to max i get 2000rpm for 3 second then drop to 1700 if i move joystick goes back up to 2000,but never go down to 750 rpm ???????

  28. #28Diesel Dave2024-09-05 10:08

    What is #7 when engine is at 2000 rpm ?

  29. #29Raptor exc2024-09-05 10:18

    3.0 for 3 second then2.8 If I turned the dial back to low it show 2.6 at #7

  30. #30Raptor exc2024-09-05 10:34

    The #6 rpm target says 1500 but the real rpm is 2000

  31. #31Raptor exc2024-09-05 10:38

    When it’s lower than 1700 rpm the auto idle doesn’t drop the rpm after 3 second

  32. #32Steve Austin2024-09-05 11:25

    Not trying to get anyone off track here but looking in parts the 225 has an engine learning switch. I know service manual says not used on some models but I do know if it gets bumped out of neural position will cause engine speed problems even when manual states not used. Simple check worth a look.

  33. #33Raptor exc2024-09-05 11:45

    Do you know where that switch is?

  34. #34Steve Austin2024-09-05 12:05

    Not sure on the 225 but on other models around the fuse panel it is a small switch not much travel between positions I have seen these get bumped out of position especially if you have items stored in the cab.

  35. #35Raptor exc2024-09-05 12:12

    I will try to find it

  36. #36Diesel Dave2024-09-05 17:24

    The 225C has an engine speed learning switch that @Steve Austin mentioned. When you find the switch and you find it in the middle (normal) position then an engine speed adjustment and engine learning may be the next step. . .

  37. #37Raptor exc2024-09-05 22:41

    Thank i will take a look at that

  38. #38Raptor exc2024-09-06 11:57

    I found the switch it is in the middle it has never been moved. For now my excavator is working,is there a risk that engine learning would prevent me of finishing this job? Thank!!

  39. #39Diesel Dave2024-09-07 01:09

    No risk

  40. #40Raptor exc2024-09-07 11:05

    Thanks do you know what the procedure is?

  41. #41Diesel Dave2024-09-07 12:08

    Also make sure the auto idle is OFF . .

  42. #42Steve Austin2024-09-07 18:48

    I know you stated you checked the linkage when disconnected from E C motor, there should be no binding of the control cable at all through its travel. If the engine learning procedure does not correct or change engine speeds from what you have now go into monitor and check if learning procedure created any codes.

  43. #43Raptor exc2025-10-01 17:09

    Hi my problème is back but this time I have a fault code 0-6 where is the ec sensor And what is faulty mc Thank