Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deer 250 bucket lift problem

Gwhizzard · 2021-01-21 22:23

New to skid steers and heavy equipment. But I came here bc I seen alot of info on here and hoping for some help. I have a 2000ishJohn deere 250 skid steer that I'm having some issues with. Backstory I lost a hose and emptied all the hydro out while operating it. I replaced hose and bleed the system and was able to finish the job, but next day came out and it would lift bucket and tilt fine when cold. As soon as I get operating it quits lifting the bucket and very slow to tilt. It comes down fine after it is raised. So I took the bucket off and tried it without anything on boom and it works fine up down and tilt. I'm trying to get ideas on what could be wrong and what to check. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but this has got me stumped. I'm going to change fluid and filter and re bleed system coming up on monday to try but any other ideas. P.s. I also am having problems changing a solenoid that is attached to fwd side of control side that controls the boom circuit. I can not get it off as the mount that the pedals are mounted to is welded or seems to be and has a plate above it. It works just the wires are cut some and I can't repair it correctly so I am trying to change it. I'll post picture tomorrow but any help is appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612021-01-22 05:39

    Welcome to HEF Gwhizzard ! Serial number? Cut the filter open and inspect for debris. Post pictures.

  2. #2seville0092021-01-22 06:01

    not sure how long you operated it after fixing it, but there’s a possibility that there’s some air in the system. Maybe work the hydraulics for a good twenty minutes or so to see if that clears it up. Make sure that the new hose is on tight.

  3. #3Gwhizzard2021-01-22 08:20

    Thank you all for the fast replys. Serial number is. KV0250A150314 I'm going to be bleeding and changing all fluid on Monday. I will definitely keep you all updated on it and what I find inside the filter.

  4. #4mam195822021-01-24 10:50

    Ser# 1TO320EKPEJ270006 485Hrs EH controls I'm in the same boat. Same situation. Replaced hose under cab, refilled the system. Everything seemed to be ok for the next few times it was operated but then out of nowhere, Bucket and boom are real slow. Higher rpm's took care of that but it never used to be like that. The other day the owner called me down, while one of the workers was loading debris, the machine did a auto shutdown with a loaded boom in the air. I got it restarted, drove it to the shop. The machine said water temp sensor data above normal. The visual temp gauge was above normal. I checked the fan and noticed it was turning slow, stopping and turning again. higher rpm's let it turn steady but not fast. I know the fan is turned by a hydraulic pump motor so that makes me think I'm back to improper pressure in the hydraulics. I removed the hydraulic filter element to see if there was anything unusual. There was some small, not many metal filings in the bottom of the canister that didn't seem they got past the filter. I know any filings are no good filings. I will replace the element Monday. I should have replaced it in the field but it was a emergency repair. I want to check the hydraulic pressure but have to find a pressure gauge and the right female fitting. I also need to get a download of the repair and service manuals. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mike M

  5. #5mg23612021-01-24 15:21

    Welcome to HEF mam19582 ! Maybe you could copy and paste (or an admin could do this??) your thread into your own post so we can keep these issues, and machines, separate.

  6. #6Gwhizzard2021-02-05 11:54

    Sorry it tok me awhile to gr back on here. Work has been fun needless to say. But I checked the filter and it was clean with no debris of any kind. We changed the oil and filter and tried to re bleed the system and still no success. At start up on cold start she'll lift a few times then nothing or takes a very long time and multiple pressings of the feet to get it up if it does. If I take the bucket off I can lift and tilt no problems but add the bucket and it won't do it. Im lost

  7. #7mg23612021-02-05 12:29

    Do you have gauges to check pressures? Know someone with a flow meter to check the hydraulic pump?

  8. #8Gwhizzard2021-02-11 09:34

    Nope I'm going to buy a set of gauges to test that but just waiting until I get those to check that.