Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 246c losses speed of movement but not throttle

911bris · 2021-01-22 08:24

When I get in and move it its like the joysticks are pulled back as I lose road speed but not engine speed. I am looking for any info on how to diagnose and proceed. I have cat software but it is not showing any codes. bucket functions normally even with loss of travel speed. To reset loss of travel I have to bring the joystick to center then reverse then I have full forward speed again until it acts up which is not long after at all

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2021-01-22 09:15

    A Serial Number is always good. Hook your ET up and monitor the % duty cycle of the joystick while you are operating. As a rule of thumb it should be around 5% in the full rear position, around 50% in neutral, and around 95% in the full forward position.

  2. #2911bris2021-01-22 12:18

    CAT0246CVJAY07010 using cat et 2020a bought cat offroad plug for usblink2 and assigned connector in cat et and it will not connect... damn computers are supposed to make this easier..

  3. #3Nige2021-01-22 13:22

    You’re not using a Cat Comm Adapter I take it.?

  4. #4911bris2021-01-22 13:24

    No sir, I have been using nixiq usblink 2 with appropriate adapters for all my repairs. I did not think cat comm adapter would be required in this case... hopefully I do not have to purchase one. I found the new cat adapter CAT Comm III Adapter 538-5051 setup for $990 I guess I may have no choice..