Just bought this 1995 JD 310d, with 4400 hrs on it, knowing that it has no forward and reverse. Have t had time to Look at it yet,but I did find that if you move the gear Slector back and forth I can get reverse. You can also hear the relays working in dash when moving the Slector. I bought it from the guy with the understanding the torque/ reverser was shot but I don't think it is. The oil is a little black and do smell little burnt. Looking for some direction thanks.
That is one place to look,...
Thanks Oliver ,I do not have a service manual yet so that pic will help ,I know now where the screen is located.
Be sure and check all three reservoirs, they are separate with one at your feet in floor, rear axle , then the reverser and main hydraulics are two sticks in the access right in front of steering wheel/hood door,... http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/...s.HomePageServlet_Alt?search=model&model=310D that is JD's part list it has lots of good diagrams
Hey Oliver, here with a update on the 310d, i have it stored at my cottage lot, so I got a chance to work on it this weekend. I got here at 10:00 pm and could not go to sleep till I checked it out. I removed the screen in the reverser found a little bit of cuttings nothing to alarming, removed the forward/reverse solenoid and found it a bit corroded,and removed the spools. The one with the two solenoids on it was full of small cuttings, cleaned it out and got it operating, put it all back together and went for a ride a 1:30am all worked fine. Thinking this may have come from previous failure it has been replaced its not original. I am going to run it now and check for cuttings if I find any I will pull it apart. It works fine in all gears both forward and reverse and quick to respond.
What's your thoughts on it ??
Drive it until it drops, not that you asked my thoughts, lol.
Maybe use drain plug after some run time to see if anything shows up, I've only had mine about six months. They seem to be made to take some use/abuse as long as they are greased and filters kept up with,...
Sounds like a plan, will keep you posted how it works out.