Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deer 3130 Brake sticking

rditz ยท 2011-12-12 10:44

I had parked my tractor at the garage and set the parking brake lever. When I went to use the tractor next, I released the brake lever and noticed that it felt "light". I started to move the tractor and then had the left wheel lock. it is obviously stuck on and the movement/friction caused the brakes to bind and lock the wheel. the brakes worked perfect all summer, so I think it is maybe condensation that has frozen in the cold weather. the question I have is, how to free up the brake?? the brakes are hydraulic and appear to be in the axle housing... just wanting to know if anyone has had a similar experience and how to fix it.. can I heat up the housing with a torch?? thanks rod

Replies1
  1. #1rditz2011-12-14 09:40

    Well, the weather here has been mild.. I went out to the tractor last night at dusk and tried moving the brake pedal by hand and it worked normally and returned to it's relaxed position. The warm weather corrected the problem... I was able to drive the tractor without the brake locking up. hopefully this will continue to work during the cold winter months..